This coalition requires in particular of President Obama to pass a federal marriage equality:
"We stand for the freedom to marry because it enhances the economic competitiveness of our communities, improves the lives of families that call our cities home, and is simply the right thing to do," reads a statement from the mayors’ group.
Among the new mayors who joined the coalition, there are:
- Michael Spano of Yonkers, New York
- Alex Torpey of South Orange, New Jersey
- Stephen Buxbaum of Olympia, Washington
- Michael Tautznik of Easthampton, Massachusetts
- David Coss of Santa Fe, New Mexico
- Gray of JIM of Lexington, Kentucky
- Gary Norton of East Cleveland, Ohio
- Mike Summers of Lakewood, Ohio
You can see the complete listing of the mayors being part of the coalition on the site Freedom To Marry.